Me

Me

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exercise

So in addition to eating right, I plan to find ways to be active each week. Not following any program at all but instead doing what I feel like doing to be active, have fun and not get bored with a routine. So far the actual exercise isn't as productive as I want but my prep-work is in place.

We have purchased the kinect for our XBOX 360 and I love it. The games are a blast and a fun way to work your muscles. So far we have the sports game and I recently purchased the personal trainer game. Next time I have money, I'm purchasing the dancing game and will be engaging friends in this fun exercise.

Saturday afternoon I spent quite a bit of time playing the sports kinect game with my husband and mother in law. Unfortunately that was the day before starting my blog and we followed our exercise with steak and cheese and pizza but it was a lot of activity

Monday night I spent two hours unlocking achievements, doing cardio kickboxing and zen classes and setting up my personal trainer program. Holy shit, I forgot how many squats are involved in kickboxing and how much quad work is involved with yoga and tai chi. But it was fun and I broke a sweat.

I was going to work out tonight but then we got like 18 inches of snow. So instead I shoveled, twice and put on my snow pants to jump in thigh high deep snow with my doggies. Tons of fun and physical...not really a work out but not sitting on my ass facebooking so I'll take it.

I've been planning on getting up in the morning to walk on the treadmill a few days a week but the TV is no longer in the same room as the treadmill so I had to learn to put music on my MP3 player. Tonight the hubby showed me how and currently lots of great energy music is converting it's way to MP3 format for me .

So I hope to add an exercise component to this blog because with healthy eating, should be healthy lifestyle and that means getting physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment