Me

Me

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day One.

I knew this blog was coming and in turn prepared for it with a trip to the grocery store this morning. I hope to post pictures, thoughts, feelings etc... regarding my day and the foods I consumed.

Brunch: Coffee w/fat free half & half, Lowfat strawberry yogurt w/kashi cereal, half a banana, scrambled egg whites w/black beans, purple onion, corn, quinoa, sundried tomatoes and 50% reduced fat cheddar.

This was so delicious, completely satisfying but I should have had it earlier and not at 11am when I had already been up and moving for nearly four hours.


Lunch: Quinoa Salad (quinoa, black beans, purple onion, corn) topped with a touch of 50% reduced fat cheese

Ate this with my mom today while we did crafts. Delicious and made enough to have this for lunch most of the week.

Snack: homemade trail bar

Forgot to take a picture but these are a new favorite of mine and so healthy, picture to follow later this week when I eat one again.

Dinner: Roasted turkey w/about 2 tablespoons of gravy, mashed potatoes made w/butter and 1% milk w/1 tbls. of gravy, stuffing, broccoli, cranberry sauce, milk

Justin made me dinner, made it a point to use a small dinner plate to I couldn't over do it and tried to fill the plate with broccoli first so that I wouldn't pile on the potato and stuffing. The turkey was moist and amazing, first time we have done a turkey in our rotisserie.

I feel good about today's food choices. Breakfast should have been eaten earlier and dinner was heavy than it needed to be but all in all, not a bad first day

No comments:

Post a Comment