Me

Me

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Four

And today started with....drumroll please....homemade ice cream...after coffee that is. Gotta love the office environment and pressure from co-workers but honestly, how could I pass up Bruce's homemade peanut butter ice cream? So I had a portioned half cup at 8:15 this morning after spending over an hour driving to work in one hell of a snow storm. I risked my life this morning...for what...THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER! Thank you Bruce and thank you me for having a little and thank you to the rest of the office for finishing it before I had the option of going for an additional half cup full.

Then I did the right thing and ate my healthy breakfast at 8:45:
Strawberry yogurt with fiber one oat cereal and a banana

Snack 11:15:
trailbar

Lunch at noon:
Turkey salad sandwich that totally rocked. Used left over turkey (of course right), light mayo and bulked it with celery and dried cranberries followed by a sprinkle of celery seed. Added a piece of american cheese and put in on my low calorie bread. For Katy - I am using up what I have so that I don't waste (apparently there are starving people out there, I'm just not one who has ever let myself get to the starving point). I will not buy low calorie unhealthy bread again :) So anyway, had some celery on the side with a laughing cow wedge and 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese. Bummed one small meatball from a co-worker and polished off lunch with two hershey kisses from the front of the office. Didn't exactly stick to the lunch I planned but kept my splurge in moderation with only one meatball and two kisses.

Snack 4:15:
6 Garlic triscuits, 2 oz low fat cheddar, 6 slices of turkey pepperoni (note only five are picture b/c I ate one while making it) This fatty couldn't wait until the picture was taken to show you all 6 mini sandwiches. Also had one bite of a trail bar.


Dinner 6:00:
Turkey soup with a small hand full of oyster crackers and as always, my little cup-o-milk

It's 7:52 and I'm hungry...but trying not to have that late night snack...while my husband sits next to me and eats the final quarter of a pint of carrot cake Ben and Jerry's.

He kindly says, "Can I have this?".
I immediately say, "NO, that's my fucking ice cream."
"But you are on a diet." he replys (for the record, I'm not on a diet). He walks away saying what the fuck, there is barely anything in here....

At which point I let him eat it because it wasn't a full pint and I was saving a full pint for my safety PMS net...apparently there is not a full pint left though... :( My dog is now enjoying licking the empty container while I still sit here hungry. I can hear the cereal calling me from the kitchen.

Today's conclusions:
1. I need to buy an ice cream maker
2. Turkey salad sandwiches rock when you add cranberries
3. We have no more B&J...but it's probably for the best
4. No wonder my dogs fart, we let them lick ice cream containers

Hope you all head a healthy day :)

1 comment: