Me

Me

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Three

It must feel good (Justin)

What? (Me)

Knowing you inspired someone... (Justin)

It does feel good. My blog is helping someone. I inspired someone else on a weight loss journey to start their own blog, to get their feelings about food, self image, self confidence and life out on paper (electronic paper but paper). When I started this blog it never occurred to me that it could help others. I did it to help myself. Sounds selfish...but ya know, it's okay to step back once in awhile and put yourself first.

So I read my friends blog, she is an amazing writer, always has been. It reminded me how much I used to love to write, like ten years ago. I used to sit in my bedroom and write thoughts, poems, diaries. I even wanted to be a journalist at one point. It feels good to be writing...blogging. It's like somehow I get to say what I want that day and maybe someone will read it, maybe they wont. It doesn't matter because I can say what I want.

Okay, on to the food portion of the day. Not too exciting today but on the healthy train. I like to save money by using what I have bought so I eat a lot of variety of the same foods until I grocery shop again.

Breakfast 8:30 am (went right into a meeting and didn't have time to eat it first):
Coffee with fat free half and half (not great but I'm trying to get used to it, I still plan to use cream on weekends for a treat). Strawberry yogurt with fiber plus oat cereal and a banana. It was so delicious, this will be tomorrow's breakfast too because I LOVED it.

Snack 10:30:
Homemade Trailbar (yes, the recipe is coming and will be posted on facebook too)

Lunch: 12:00
Quinoa salad w/tomato again but with some turkey to help keep me fuller than yesterday and two slices of low calorie bread (35 cals each) with spray butter. This was a great choice, I stayed completely full all afternoon and didn't need a snack at all


non-snack 2:30:
a non-snack is when you want one, you aren't hungry but want one and win and don't give in :)

5:30:
two spoonfuls of turkey salad (eaten while making tomorrow's lunch). My biggest downfall is sampling my next day's lunch while I make it and even worse...sampling my husbands which is usually heavier in calorie dense foods. I did not however cave to the deli cheese which I ALWAYS eat a piece of.

Dinner 6:00:
Turkey soup. Made from a bag but added our own fresh turkey and celery. Crackers and a slice of low calorie bread with 1/2 tablespoon of butter (the real stuff, not spray) and of course my little cup of milk. I have to have my milk but before this blog, my cup was often three times the size you see here.

After dinner snack 8:30: weight watchers toffee pop

So I have totally had a good day of healthy food. I got on the scale this morning and I'm down nearly three pounds since Saturday. This past Saturday I hit the all too familiar group of tens that is usually my breaking point. I'm glad to have gotten back on track before that number could start rounding its way up.

I have no intention of counting calories, points, carbs, etc... I am not going to count anything...except to count on myself to learn to eat healthy, balanced, properly portioned meals and snacks.

Danielle

5 comments:

  1. I <3 you. You ARE an inspiration. In so many ways. That is all.

    (I sound totally in love with you, like, in THAT way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you HAVE to have a glass of milk with your dinner - it reminds me of my dad! And Mandie, you are in love with her in, like, totally that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we talked about that damn 35 calorie bread...Dont you dare buy it again or I'll beat you and I mean that in the most loving, respectful, and caring way. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you in that way too Mandie :) I am so excited to have you and I on the same journey together.

    Milk has been served with dinner since I was one and we have it every night.

    No more low cal bread Katy, only whole grain/wheat breads since they takethe healthy out of the low calorie stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that outlook.. counting solely on yourself.. good theory.. I wish I had your strength, determination and will power... i need to count. : )

    ReplyDelete