Me

Me

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Two

Today was the first day where I had to pack my food and bring it with me and avoid any other food that entered my office world. Thankfully there were no bagels, donuts etc... to greet me this morning.

I stuck to my planned breakfast...

Low-fat strawberry yogurt, half a banana, homemade trail bar


Surprisingly made it through most of the morning without feeling hungry. At about 11:15, decided I needed something to get me through to lunch...

Banana (ya, I know, you are so bummed there is picture of a banana)

Lunch went as planned, decided to heat up my quinoa salad today and add a tomato. Had a cucumber on the side with about 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese. Best cucumber I have had since this summer, somehow it was super fresh even in winter.


And....lunch held me over for not even an hour. I found myself in the afternoon rut with a growling stomach and a bloated gassy feeling...WTF man?!?!?! So along came a snack...

5 small pretzel sticks (again, I know you are sad there is no picture). They were snyders as always but I don't know what kind since they were the scraps left from Justin's lunch last week.

And of course caved to that cute little blue and white plaid candy basket out front and had only ONE...honestly, only ONE Hershey fun size bar. It just seemed to go with the salty pretzels from the 15 minutes before.

Had an apple at 3:35 in an effort to boost my sugars and go home with energy to EXERCISE.

Dinner was left overs (something you should get used to b/c I like to cook one to three times a week and stop cooking by Friday).


Roughly 3 ounces of turkey, about a half cup of potatoes, about one third cup stuffing, a few tablespoons of cranberry sauce, less than two table spoons of gravy (ya, I'm proud of this) and a handful of baby carrots. And of course milk on the side.


It's 8:28 and I spent my after dinner time breaking in my new kinect personal trainer game for almost two hours. Now to fight that late night desire for snack...which I failed at last night and had a weight watchers toffee ice cream thingy that I dug out of the far back of the freezer...but hey...I didn't choose the final pint of carrot cake Ben and Jerry's so I'm not feeling too bad about it.

4 comments:

  1. Since I like to keep the blogger blogs private as a way to skirt people I don't like, I will share with you here, but not on FB. ;)
    http://damselindietstress.blogspot.com/
    I <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, stoked to be in on the private life. Love the name, good job. I struggled and copied the first thing I read which was a Hungry Girl cookbook, lol. I am so super excited to do this together, this will be so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name - very cute! I look forward to seeing your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you guys are doing this together. The blog totally keeps you accountable and having friends who follow you and who are doing the same makes sticking to this so much easier. Go girls go!

    ReplyDelete