Me

Me

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Five - A great success

Today went really well. I ate really healthy all day long. I even avoided cake and chips and dips and bagel bites and spinach balls at lunchtime when we had an office baby shower. GO ME! I stuck to the nutritious lunch I brought.

Breakfast 8:20:
Strawberry yogurt with oats and a banana. This seems to keep me full longer than most other breakfast foods. You will likely see a lot of repeat of this.

Snack 11:15:
Trailbar (I plan to make these again this weekend, but instead of oatmeal, perhaps crushing up a nutritious cereal)

Lunch 12:15:
Turkey salad made with celery and cranberries on low calorie bread with american cheese and a side of cottage cheese, roughly 1/3 cup. I ate one three bite size flat bread pepperoni pizza thingy at the baby shower. It was cold in one bite and burnt my tongue in another. Not worth it.

Snacks but I don't remember what time in the afternoon because I left my food list at work:
Apple
3 small pretzel rods

So now I got home and my husband was working late which meant preparing dinner, making lunches, paying bills and cleaning the kitchen. I made his lunch and didn't take ONE single bite of anything that went into the lunchbox. I seriously put the cheese on the bread and immediately closed it up. I didn't dive into the trail mix or eat a pickle. I saved my appetite for dinner...

Dinner 7:20pm:
Lasagna, made healthy and delicious and won a round of smiles out of the husband. I took my roasted vegetable lasagna recipe and altered it a little to add in chicken sausage. Here comes a series of lasagna building pictures for your enjoyment. I did find that trying to stretch one jar of sauce didn't work and I should have used more or added tomato puree or something.

Layer One: Roasted bell peppers, sauteed mushrooms, spinach and carrots, sprinkled with seasonings

Layer Two: Two chicken sausages sliced up and sprinkled with reduced fat mozzarella


Layer Three: Fat free ricotta, reduced fat parmesean, reduced fat mozzarella, fresh spinach, one egg

Top Layer: sauce and reduced fat mozzarella

Finished and finally time for dinner!

So dinner took so long that I did not get a workout in like I had planned but I intend to exercise all three day this weekend (I have Monday off..WAHOOOO!)

2 comments: