Me

Me

Thursday, January 20, 2011

You can lose weight while sitting on the couch



Who knew, apparently planting your ass on the sofa and eating soup and leftovers can help you lose weight. Or maybe blowing through two boxes of tissues in 24 hours had something to do with it. Either way, I'll take it! I saw 166 on the scale this morning. A familiar number but one that I haven't seen since before Christmas when I was doing Weight Watchers. I haven't been out of the 160's in years. I actually don't think I have seen any number starting with 15- since my first year of college when I was partying all the time. So I'm not that far away. If I can hang on at this pace, I just might break into that old group of tens. Of course getting rid of this damn cold would help. Working out was starting to become regular but now a workout means making my own soup or getting off the couch to go pee.

I spent the day yesterday on the couch, wallowing in my own mucasy misery. I wanted in the worst way to cave to familiar favorites like scrambled cheesy eggs, pasta covered in butter for lunch and dinner. But I didn't. Why? Because of my BFF's blog. She is going strong and being so good. I hit my weakest point in a week and her blog saved me and the scale this morning was my proof. Thank you Mandie!

Breakfast (on the couch):
Fiber plus cinnamon oats with blueberries and a small banana. Also had two pieces of low calorie toast which I am using up from my freezer before buying the healthy stuff. I put a thin smear of peanut butter on each, added a cup of 50/50 OJ and my multivitamin and a Zinc pill.

Snack - There wasn't one. That healthy, nutritious and balanced breakfast kept me full until like 1:00.

Lunch (also eaten on the couch):
Leftover improved nutrition mac and cheese. I also had what I thought was an orange until I peeled it. It appeared to be some sort of mini grapefruit which much to my liking was delicious and I hate grapefruit...so I go back to thinking perhaps it was a type of orange. I added some apple cider and tried to boost my lunch with some vitamins.


Snack - of course I had one. Pasta did not really hold me over and never does, even if I eat a half a box worth. So I had some fat free/sugar free pudding with a little whipped cream and some chocolate drizzle. It was yummy and looks pretty.





Dinner (again on the couch):
Leftover rice and ham soup made by my caring husband. Instead of crackers I opted for some Food Should Taste Good cheddar tortilla cracker/chip thingies. These things rock. So good for you and wicked yummy. Thanks to my dietitian sister, Katy Magoon for teaching me about these. And as you can see, there is that little cup of milk that I love so much.


I never eat on the couch unless it's Friday night which is our "fun food night". I learned a long time ago that eating in front of the TV in a comfortable place like the couch leads to overeating. You aren't talking to your dinner partner, you are involved in too much other stimulation and you end up overeating. So we eat most of our meals at the kitchen island. It gives us a chance to catch up on our day and talk without the stimulus of technology interrupting. Even when I'm home alone, I usually find myself eating in the kitchen but not when I'm sick. I'm a baby and want my blanket and a doggy to pat.

2 comments: