Me

Me

Monday, January 17, 2011

I hate food on weekends

I do so good all week. I can only eat what I bring to work so I do really good all day long and usually stick to it when I return home. Then along comes the weekend and I have free range in my fridge and cupboards to find that one unhealthy food in my house. Yesterday didn't go bad but clearly even fat free brownies can catch up with you b/c my weight went right back up over the weekend. So here's the proof to that ticker...

Breakfast:
I had coffee with light cream, not half and half b/c it's the weekend I decided when I managed to step down to fat free half and half that I would still let myself have light cream once a week. I also had egg whites with 1 oz of low fat cheddar and sundried tomatoes with two pieces of low calorie bread/toast and half a banana.

Lunch:
Veggie Lasagna with one piece of bread and a small glass of milk

Snack:
Dove into those damn brownies and not only added some whip cream but also added a drizzle of a chocolate sauce we were given for Christmas by our niece who made it. Didn't feel bad about this as I had just put in 2 miles on the treadmill with a run/walk/hill combo

Dinner:
Started by testing a cranberry muffin (the smallest one the batch made) I had just baked and was worried I had fucked up since I accidentally put in an extra teaspoon of baking soda. Thankfully the muffins are fine since they are my husbands breakfast all week.

Then we had a delicious lean ham. I only ate 2/3 of what you see pictured here, I decided I was full. We had green beans and mac and cheese. I made the common man recipe since it is so delicious. BUT...I altered it to make it a lot healthier. I used fat free half and half, 1% milk, and of the 16 ounces of cheese, only 3 of them were full fat cheddar. The remaining 13 ounces were low fat cheddar. I also used reduced fat parmesean for the top with the bread crumbs. And I used Barilla's protein pasta instead of plain old pasta. So I made an effort to healthy up a delicious recipe so I could still have it. It came out really yummy if you don't know what it could taste like but you could tell it was not full fat ingredients and the cheese flavor wasn't quite what we wanted it to be. However, you can expect many more posts about this mac and cheese b/c I have a 15x9 pan of it to eat.

After dinner Sunday snack:
This is a terrible habit of ours. We used to plan for it and actually buy dessert for Sunday since we always make a nice Sunday dinner. We had nothing in the house. Not a drop of ice cream, cookie...nothing...EXCEPT that one last brownie square. So I did what every girl would do and topped it with cool whip and peanut butter baking morsels. I took a picture but didn't have the card in my camera and am just now realizing that but this blog is my proof that I ate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment